Your lawn needs to be fed in order to stay as healthy as possible. There are several fertilizer recipes available that you can make from home. These fertilizers do not cost much to make, but will result in a luscious green lawn. One type of homemade fertilizer involves the use of beer. Beer actually contains yeast and enzymes that are necessary for good microbial activity in your lawn's soil.
Pour the can of beer, ammonia and cola into the hose-end sprayer. Mix together.
Add liquid dish soap and liquid lawn fertilizer to the hose-end sprayer.
Mix all of the ingredients together, and attach the hose-end sprayer to your garden hose.
Spray over the area of your lawn that you want to fertilize. The homemade fertilizer is enough to mix with 50 gallons of water.
Mark your calendar to repeat these steps every three weeks during the spring and summer seasons.
Things You Will Need
- 1 can of beer
- 1 cup of ammonia
- 1 can of regular cola
- 1 cup of liquid dish soap
- 1 cup of liquid lawn fertilizer
- Hose-end sprayer
- You can substitute one cup of molasses for a can of cola.
- The Best Fertilizers for Lawns
- Fertilize a Pindo Palm
- Use Tide Detergent on My Lawn
- use Kelp Meal As a Fertilizer
- Compare Lawn Fertilizer
- Alternatives to Weed & Feed
- Fix a Lawn That Holds Water
- Control Moles & Gophers With Castor Oil Pellets Using a Lawn Spreader
- Apply Caseron Weed Killer
- Use Gypsum on Lawns
- How Do I Get My Grass Dark Green?
- Make a Power Aerator