Most homeowners do not want weeds in their lawn because it makes their lawn look unattractive. There may also be portions of the lawn where they don't want any grass, such as where they want to set up a swing set for their children. They may just want to put mulch around the swing set. Whatever the reason, you can get rid of grass and weeds with products found in your home.
Pour water in a teakettle until it is almost full. Set the teakettle on the stove and turn the heat setting to high.
Remove the tea kettle once it begins to whistle and pour the contents over the grass and weeds you want to kill. The extremely hot temperatures will cook the roots in the soil and kill the grass and weeds.
Sprinkle salt over the area where you are trying to get rid of the grass and weeds. The salt will also kill grass and weeds, and it will ensure that no grass or weeds grow in that spot in the future.
Pour rubbing alcohol in an empty spray bottle and squirt it over the spot of grass and weeds you want to kill. The rubbing alcohol will dehydrate the grass and weeds so that they wither up and die.
Use straight bleach to kill grass and weeds. Just attach a spray nozzle to the top of the bleach bottle and aim it at the grass and weeds.
Things You Will Need
- Rubbing alcohol
- Spray bottle
- Corn gluten meal can be spread across any area you don't want weeds to grow.
- Kill Grass in a Gravel Driveway
- The Best Way to Kill Weeds in Bermuda Grass
- Kill Grass With Household Products
- Spray Weed Killer
- Directions for Using Killzall Weed Killer
- Natural Ways to Kill Grass & Weeds
- Kill Dallis Grass
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- Kill Lawn Grass
- Kill Grass on a Patio
- Kill Dallis Grass in Centipede Grass
- Apply Caseron Weed Killer