Moss can be yellowish-green, or greenish-brown in color. It grows on lawns, rocks and even trees where the conditions remain moist and free of the sun. If you notice moss growing on your lawn, you don't have to put up with it. There is a simple home remedy that will get rid of the moss for you. You may then want to work on getting some more sun to the area where you found the moss so that the moss doesn't grow back.
Pour your warm water into your bucket.
Add your baking soda and stir with a wooden spoon until it has been completely dissolved.
Pour this solution in a garden sprayer.
Spray the moss with your homemade moss killer. Be liberal with your spray, and completely soak the area.
Let the mixture dry and it will soon kill the moss.
Things You Will Need
- 2 gallons warm water
- 8 oz. baking soda
- Wooden spoon
- Garden sprayer
- Add mulch to the area where you had the problem with the moss to keep it from coming back.
- Trim back tree branches to allow more sun to reach the area where you had the moss.
- Grow Moss Between Stones on a Patio
- How Do I Kill Moss in My Flower Bed?
- Preserve Reindeer Moss
- Remove Moss on Lawn Furniture
- Grow Moss in a Terrarium
- Use Tide for Roof Moss
- Kill Moss on a Lawn Naturally
- Kill Moss on Pavers
- Kill Moss With Bleach
- Grow Moss Between a Flagstone
- Stop Moss From Growing in My Lawn
- Prevent Grass & Moss From Growing Between Pavers