Moss can be yellowish-green, or greenish-brown in color. It grows on lawns, rocks and even trees where the conditions remain moist and free of the sun. If you notice moss growing on your lawn, you don't have to put up with it. There is a simple home remedy that will get rid of the moss for you. You may then want to work on getting some more sun to the area where you found the moss so that the moss doesn't grow back.
Pour your warm water into your bucket.
Add your baking soda and stir with a wooden spoon until it has been completely dissolved.
Pour this solution in a garden sprayer.
Spray the moss with your homemade moss killer. Be liberal with your spray, and completely soak the area.
Let the mixture dry and it will soon kill the moss.
Things You Will Need
- 2 gallons warm water
- 8 oz. baking soda
- Wooden spoon
- Garden sprayer
- Add mulch to the area where you had the problem with the moss to keep it from coming back.
- Trim back tree branches to allow more sun to reach the area where you had the moss.
- Propagate Irish Moss
- How Do I Kill Moss in My Flower Bed?
- Grow Moss Between Stones on a Patio
- Grow Moss Between a Flagstone
- Why Does the Most Moss Grow on the North Side of the Tree?
- Landscape With Moss Rock
- Grow Moss on Buttermilk
- Kill Moss
- Kill Moss With Bleach
- Kill Lawn Moss With Bleach
- Grow Grass Where Moss is Growing
- Spread Moss