The best way to ensure that you get a clean, level cut on your lawn is to level the deck on your Murray riding mower. The deck adjustment on the Murray riding mower requires no tools. There are two knobs on each side of the mower deck that you use adjust to level the deck. The Murray mower also has a special position for the lift lever.
Park the Murray riding mower on a flat, level surface and engage the brake. Take out the ignition key. Open the hood on your riding mower and pull the spark plug wire away from the spark plug.
Pull the cover off the lower end of the lift lever track. (The cover keeps you from accidentally placing the mower deck in the adjustment position while operating the mower.)
Move the lift lever all the way to the deck adjustment position until the lever locks into place. This will place the mower deck on the level surface.
Locate the left and right adjuster knobs on the mower deck, toward the front of the deck connecting to the linkage. Turn each knob counterclockwise to loosen the knobs.
Push down on each linkage and turn the adjusting knob clockwise to tighten the knobs to the linkages.
Move the lift lever to a cutting height position and close the cover over the adjusting track position. Plug the spark plug wire over the spark plug and lower the hood.
- Building Raised Vegetable Garden Beds
- What Weed Killer Kills Buckthorn?
- How Do I Adjust The Drive Belt Tension on a Dixon Mower Model 3362?
- Grow Rock Cress (Arabis)
- Do Deer Like to Eat River Birch Trees?
- Replace Blades on a RZT 54 Cub Cadet
- Fix the Idler Spring on a Zero-Turn Mower
- Fold a Pool Cover
- Use MTD Shift on the Go
- Level a John Deere Lawn Tractor Deck
- Rewind the Pull Starter on a Homelite Chainsaw
- Make a Compost Bin From a Garbage Can