The Weedeater SST25 is an occasional use trimmer. It is not built for heavy trimming operations. The only adjustments that the owner can perform on the carburetor is the idle adjustment. Sometimes a simple cleaning of the air filter will resolve any problems that resemble carburetor issues. You will need to adjust the idle speed from time to time. The trimmer should run smoothly while idling and the trimmer head should not rotate.
Locate the idle adjustment screw on your trimmer. The idle adjustment screw is between the air filter cover and the engine body. You will be adjusting the screw from the front of the engine.
Place the trimmer on a work bench so that the trimmer head can spin freely without touching anything. You should be able to start the engine and stay away from the rotating trimmer head.
Start the trimmer and run the engine at high idle for two minutes to allow the engine time to warm up. Squeeze the throttle trigger to allow the engine to come to its normal idle.
Observe the trimmer head while the engine is idling. The trimmer head should not turn and the engine should stay running. If the trimmer stalls or stops running, turn the idle adjustment screw clockwise with a flathead screwdriver. Turn the screw in small 1.8-turn increments. Restart the engine and continue adjusting the screw until the engine does not stall.
Turn the idle adjustment screw counter-clockwise if the trimmer head is rotating while the engine idles. Continue turning the screw counter-clockwise until the trimmer head does not rotate and the engine stays running.
Things You Will Need
- Flathead screwdriver
- Keep hands and feet away from the trimmer head while making adjustments.
- MTD 139 CC OHV Engine Specs
- Check Compression on a Lawn Mower Engine
- Adjust the Guide Bar & Chain Tension on the Husqvarna 55 Rancher
- Start a Murray Lawnmower
- Adjust Cam Backlash on a Caterpillar 3406E
- Troubleshooting for Swisher Trail Mowers
- Remove a Homelite Trimmer Clutch
- Start a Gas Weed Eater
- Mantis Tiller Problems
- Adjust the Carburetor on an Echo Line Trimmer
- Adjust the Idle on a Briggs & Stratton Lawn Mower
- Fix a Flooded Lawn Mower Engine