A Yard Machine lawn mower, just like many other lawn mowers, is a rotary lawn mower that uses a rapidly spinning single blade to cut your grass. After a season's worth of lawn mowing, you will most likely notice that instead of your grass getting cleanly cut by the mower blade, it is now getting ripped and shredded. This is because the blade no longer has a sharp edge. To keep your grass healthy and cut cleanly, you must change or professionally sharpen the Yard Machine's blade at least once a year. If your blade gets bent, purchase a new one.
Drain the gasoline out of your Yard Machine lawn mower. Use a siphon hose to drain the gas from the gas tank to a designated gas can. Disconnect the spark plug wire from the spark plug.
Lay the lawn mower on its side. Place a piece of lumber between the lawn mower blade and the mower housing.
Loosen the bolt that holds the blade to the engine, using a socket wrench or an adjustable wrench. Once the bolt is loose, unscrew it the rest of the way by hand. Set aside any washers that come off with the bolt; you'll need these later when you put the new blade on.
Pull off the lawn mower blade and put the new one on. Ensure it is oriented the same way the old one was.
Place any washers back in place and screw the bolt back in. Tighten the bolt with your socket wrench or adjustable wrench.
Set the lawn mower back upright and reconnect the spark plug wire. Fill it with gas and it's ready to mow.
Things You Will Need
- Siphon hose
- Gas can
- Small piece of lumber
- Socket wrench or adjustable wrench
- Lawn mower blade
- If you mow in areas that have lots of twigs and stones, you may have to replace the blade more frequently than once a year.
- Always have gloves on when changing a lawn mower blade. The blade has edges that can cut bare flesh.
- Change the Blade on a Yard Machine Lawn Tractor
- Troubleshoot a Task Force Reel Lawn Mower
- Change Gravely Lawn Mower Blades
- Install Mulching Blades
- Replace a Husqvarna Lawn Mower Blade
- Loosen a Lawnmower Blade
- Grind or Cut Back Concrete
- Replace a Craftsman Edger Blade
- Install a Mower Mulching Blade
- Get Bad Gas Out of a Push Mower
- What Type of Grass Grows in the Shade?
- Replace the Front Wheel Bushing in a John Deere L130