Killing weeds in your lawn naturally is beneficial to the health of your entire family, including your pets. Using inexpensive, natural ways to kill weeds in your grass, means there is no toxic residue to harm the environment, just a healthy, manicured lawn for your family to enjoy all summer long.
In recent tests, the U.S. Department of Agriculture confirmed that vinegar is effective for use on weeds as a natural herbicide. Made from 5 percent acetic acid and water, vinegar is sprayed directly onto weeds as a natural way of killing them. Spraying in the heat of the day ensures the weeds are killed speedily. Pickling vinegar works as an extra strength weed killer, containing 9 percent acetic acid for an additional boost.
Soapy water works well as a weed killer and is easy to prepare and use. Simply mix 5 tbsp. of liquid dish soap in 1 qt. of water and pour into a spray bottle. Spray lawn weeds with the dish soap mixture to kill weeds fast. An even quicker method is to spray the weeds in the hot sun, essentially burning them with the help of the sun's magnification through the liquid droplets.
Lawn weeds may be eliminated by pulling them by hand. Care must be taken to pull out the entire weed from the ground, including its root system, to ensure there is no chance of reproduction. Dry soils may need damping down before digging the weed out with a garden trowel and fork. Be certain to dig down at least 6 inches under the weed to extricate the entire root system.
A kettle of boiling water is a weed's worst enemy. Pouring boiling water on lawn weeds kills them instantly, including their seeds. Care must be taken to avoid killing the surrounding grass while treating the weed. To remedy the accidental killing of grass, re-seed and water the area as soon as possible.
- About White Vinegar Weed Killer for Dollar Weeds
- Can Lime on Your Lawn Get Rid of Weeds?
- Homemade Eco-Friendly Weed Killer
- Home Remedy Weed Killer
- The Best Way to Get Rid of Crab Grass & Weeds in Your Lawn
- Get Rid of Weeds Permanently
- Homemade Weed Killer for Lawns
- The Best Herbicides for Buttercups
- Remove Weeds and Grass in Cracks and Crevices
- When Is a Good Time to Weed Spray Your Lawn?
- What are the Common Lawn Weeds in North Texas?
- Homemade Weed Killer That Does Not Kill Grass