It is really important to reduce transplant shock by soaking your perennial really well. What I like to do is get my hose at a very slow trickling drip. This way the water doesn't run off fast and it soaks into the soil a lot better. I would put it down into the the base of the plant here and allow that to soak for a good half hour until the whole area is completely moistened. The roots will absorb up the water and this will help reduce any kind of shock that may occur when we actually disturb the root system.