Whether your lawn and garden has been overtaken by edible or poisonous wild mushrooms, these rapidly growing fungi can cause damage to other plants and vegetables. Wild mushrooms may drain necessary nutrients from surrounding soil, causing desired plants to receive less than they need to thrive. Fortunately, fungicide solution is readily available at home and garden centers nationwide, and the application process is simple and straightforward. Eliminating wild mushrooms from your lawn is a basic process that does not require specialized gardening skills.
Hand pull patches of wild mushrooms. Dispose into plastic trash bag and seal tightly.
Fill an empty, clean spray bottle with two cups room temperature water.
Add 1/4 cup of fungicide. Ensure that the spray nozzle is closed and shake well.
From a distance of 6 to 8 inches, spray the fungicide solution where mushrooms have been growing.
Leave to dry and don't rinse off, as the solution will work to effectively kill wild mushrooms over a period of 3 to 14 days.
Spot check the area over the next two weeks to ensure no new mushroom growth. If mushroom growth is observed, repeat the process of spraying fungicide.