• All
  • Articles
  • Videos
  • Plants
  • Recipes
  • Members

Is Honeysuckle Poisonous?

Comments ()  |   |  Text size: a A  |  Report Abuse  |  Print
close

Report This Article

Is Honeysuckle Poisonous?

Reason for flagging?

Comments

Submit

Share:    |  Email  |  Bookmark and Share

In the Japanese Honeysuckle plant, the berries are poisonous, causing vomiting and diarrhea. The nectar can be sucked from the flowers without any ill effects, however, producing a sweet, honey-like flavor.

Keywords: is honeysuckle poisonous, Japanese honeysuckle, honeysuckle berries

About this Author

Anne Baley is a writer and photographer living in Southeast Michigan. She has written numerous articles about places she has discovered while traveling throughout the United States. Baley's work has appeared in a variety of online outlets, including Endless Sunday.

Member Calendar Entries