Stokes Bird Gardening Book - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
Stokes Bird Gardening Book
The Complete Guide to Attracting Birds to Your Backyard
by Donald Stokes and Lillian Stokes
96 pages; 8" x 10"; Paperback.
Create a beautiful bird sanctuary in your backyard!
Discover the pleasures of a garden that is naturally attractive to birds--by filling your yard with the trees, flowers, shrubs, vines, and other landscape elements that birds need for food, shelter, and breeding. This comprehensive guide, illustrated with 300 color photographs as well as charts for every region of North America, tells you all you need to know to transform your yard into an avian paradise. You'll learn:
- which flowering annuals and perennials birds love
- how to attract nesting birds with the right trees and shrubs
- the benefits of ponds, pools, and birdbaths
- tips on increasing winter bird populations
- how to enhance the allure of a bird-feeding station