Miniature Roses - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
The New Plant Library
by Lin Hawthorne
64 pages; full color photos throughout; 8.2 X 9.6; softcover
Roses are one of the world's favorite flowers, and, in smaller modern gardens, where space is inevitably restricted, the advent of miniature varieties has revolutionized rose growing. This fully illustrated volume explores the versatility and compact sizes that, when combined with an ability to produce beautiful blooms in colors ranging from muted pastels to the most vibrant, allows gardeners with the tiniest of plots to experience the satisfaction of growing breathtaking roses.
- An informative introduction details the history of miniature roses as well as many cultivation and arranging ideas.
- The Plant Catalog provides at-a-glance information on over 50 varieties of miniature roses, including the botanical description, height, spread, flowering information, and ideal planting conditions.
- The Grower's Guide instructs readers in how to select the best plants, plant and propagate, and control pests and diseases.
- Fully illustrated with photographs of each variety as well as an array of gorgeous gardens.
- Advice on growing miniature roses in containers, hanging baskets, and in the home.