Tough Plants - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
Unkillable plants for every garden
by Sharon Amos
144 pp, full color photographs throughout, 6 3/4 x 10 1/4, hardcover.
"Few gardens have perfect growing conditions. Invariably there is a corner that is too shady, windy or dry. The solution: a tough plant! One that will shrug off the worst conditions, often thrive despite them."
Tough Plants is an easy-to-use, fully illustrated guide to more than 100 virtually unkillable plants for the garden -- whatever the growing conditions. The extended back flap of the book can be used as a quick reference to identify the symbols used throughout the book, identifying whether a plant is ideally suited for a particular situation, microclimate, or soil type.
The book features:
- An extensive directory with more than 100 plants chosen for their ability to survive difficult conditions, while adding beauty and color to the garden
- Assessing and improving a garden
- Matching plants to garden conditions
- Understanding soil and microclimates created by sun, shade, and wind
- Caring for plants in tough situations
- Suggestions on where, how and what to plant
- Dealing with damp or dry conditions, sun or shade
- Practical tips on getting started, planting, routine care, and weed control.
About the author
Sharon Amos is an author and freelance journalist specializing in gardening. Her previous books include Celebrations, Garden Wisdom, Pulbrook and Gould Flowers and Plants for Free.