The Low Maintenance Garden - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
The Low-Maintenance Garden
by Susan Berry and Steve Bradley
144 pages 8 3/4" x 11 1/2"
300 full color photographs and illustrations, index, appendix paperback
Essential reading for those who desire a beautiful garden without the back-breaking work, The Low-Maintenance Garden is the guide to enjoying your garden rather than spending hours toiling in it. This book shows how to minimize and simplify gardening tasks, and over time create a virtually maintenance-free garden.
Packed with planting plans, charts, ideas and step-by-step techniques for minimizing work, The Low-Maintenance Garden is beautifully laid out with easy-to-access information for every type and size of garden. In addition to many full-color photographs and illustrations, the book features:
- Easy Surfaces and Structures - creating an easy-care surface in the garden
- Easy Planting Solutions - low-maintenance plants for a wide range of situations
- Transforming Gardens to Lower Maintenance - how to turn any size garden into a low-maintenance garden
- Low-Maintenance Techniques - essential tips on reducing time spent on basic gardening chores
- Directory of Easy-Care Plants - from trouble-free trees to easy grasses and water plants
- With real-life case studies and many tips and suggestions, gardeners can now recapture leisure time.
About the authors:
Susan Berry is a gardening writer and editor with more than 20 books and many magazine articles to her credit, including contributions to Gardener's World and Homes & Gardens. Her previous books include The City Garden, Contained Gardens, Best Plants, Laura Ashley Color and, as co-author, Plants for Small Spaces from Firefly Books. She lives in London.
Steve Bradley has a Royal Horticultural Society Master of Horticulture Diploma and was Director of Horticulture at Merrist Wood College in England for many years before pursuing a career in journalism. He has gardening programs on television and radio, and has written a number of books on gardening including two books with co-author Susan Berry: Contained Gardens, The Pruning Handbook and Plant Life. He lives in England.