Giant Perennials - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
Star Performers for the Garden
by Susan Berry
144 pp, full color photographs throughout, 6 3/4 x 10 1/4, hardcover.
Gardeners know that structure is one of the most important elements in a successful garden design. Height is one way to add structure to a landscape. You can plant trees and shrubs, of course, but you also can use easy-to-grow perennials.
Giant Perennials is a fully illustrated guide to adding drama and scale to any garden using plants that grow to about 5 feet. Easy to use and featuring a handy, extended fold-over flap showing plant size, growing conditions, blooming time, flower or foliage, and height and spread, Giant Perennials includes:
- A directory with more than 100 spectacular plants for every type of garden condition
- Suggestions on where, how and what to plant with giant perennials
- Advice on selection and cultivation
- A separate chapter on designing with giant perennials, complete with planting schemes
- Planting for damp or dry conditions, sun or shade
- Using color, foliage, and seasonal features
- Giant perennials in containers
- Practical tips on getting started, routine care, propagation, and controlling pests and diseases.
About the author
Susan Berry is a writer and editor specializing in gardening. She has written or co-written The Complete Guide to Gardening in Containers, Best Plants, Irises, and The Low Maintenance Garden. She also writes for Gardener's World, Homes and Gardens and She magazines.