Brugmansia and Datura - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
Brugmansia and Datura
by Ulrike and Hans-Georg Preissel
144 pages, 8" x 10 1/2"; full color photos; Paperback.
Stately Angel's Trumpets -- Brugmansia -- are spectacular plants, growing like small trees and living for several years. Datura, sometimes called Thorn Apples, are mostly annuals and are cultivated like summer flowers. The impressive bell flowers of both varieties -- in white, yellow, pink and red -- are extraordinarily decorative. It's no surprise that Brugmansia and Datura are prized by enthusiasts around the world.
- This comprehensive guide for North American gardeners features:
- history and folklore of Brugmansia and Datura
- the latest information on how to distinguish and classify Brugmansia and Datura
- form and shape of the flowers and plants -
covering all aspects of species, hybrids and varities
- hybrid Angel's Trumpets and wild species of Thorn Apples
- building a Brugmansia collection
- care and cultivation
- over-wintering, propagation and breeding
- diseases and pests
- index, bibliography and nursery sources
- over 110 beautiful color photographs and numerous illustrations.
About the authors:
Ulrike and Hans-Georg Preissel have been involved in breeding Brugmansia and Datura for many years, and have a large collection of these fascinating plants. Both authors have studied horticulture in Hanover, Germany, and, since 1984, Hans-Georg Preissel has been the head of the 17th-century Herrenhäuser Gardens, where most of the plants featured in this book were photographed.