Stokes Purple Martin Book - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
5 Stokes Purple Martin Book
by Donald Stokes and Lillian Stokes
96 pages; 8" x 10"; Paperback.
Become the perfect Purple Martin landlord!
Did you know that Purple Martins are almost completely dependent on humans for their housing? Maintaining colonies of these beloved backyard birds, a tradition that began with the Native American tribes of the Southeast, is today more popular than ever. In the Stokes Purple Martin Book, you'll find all the information you need to attract, house, and care for a colony of Purple Martins in your own yard. The book includes:
- The secrets of attracting Purple Martins-from buying or building the right birdhouse to selecting the ideal site for the house on your property
- When you can expect Purple Martins to arrive in your region
- How to monitor houses and control predators
- Fascinating facts about the breeding and nesting behaviors of Purple Martins
- Range maps and more than 100 stunning full-color photographs