The Busy Persons Guide to Preserving Food - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
The Busy Persons Guide to Preserving Food
by Janet Chadwick
224 pages; 6" x 9"; Paperback.
Easy Step-by-Step Instructions for Freezing, Drying, and Canning.
Discover the fast, easy way to save and preserve fresh and healthy fruits, vegetables, and herbs with this indispensable guide. The Busy Person's Guide to Preserving Food is packed with time-saving tips and advice for freezing, canning, cold storage, and drying. Here is the most up-to-date information on preserving food in the shortest amount of time right at your fingertips.
The Busy Person's Guide to Preserving Food includes:
- Step-by-step instructions and how-to illustrations for preserving today's most popular fruits and vegetables quickly and easily
- Quick tips and shortcuts for saving time while canning
- Instructions for alternative preserving methods including freezer bags, easy-to-make ice packs, and root cellaring
- Practical charts for determining yield and blanching time
- A review of equipment and appliances essential to fast home preservation
- Recipes for harvest dinners, salsas, herbal vinegars, pestos, jellies, and teas
Plus, you get simple explanations and solutions for the most common "what-went-wrong" questions. A must-have guide for today's busy cook and gardener.
About the Author
The author of several cooking and gardening books, Janet Chadwick has been growing and preserving food for years. Chadwick says, "There is no way you can 'buy' the feeling of pride you have when you show off the full freezer; the rows of canned vegetables, fruits, pickles, jams, jellies; or the root cellar shelves filled to the ceiling!" She is the author of Storey's The Busy Person's Guide to Preserving Food. Janet lives in Hinesburg, Vermont, where she has been growing and preserving food for years.