The Gardener's Guide to Plant Diseases - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
The Gardener's Guide to Plant Diseases
by Barbara Pleasant
192 pages; 6" x 9"; Line drawings; tables; maps; Paperback.
Become a Skilled Doctor of Plant Care!
This easy-to-use reference fully explains more than 50 of the most common plant diseases -- where they occur, what they look like, what to do about them, and the long-term prognosis for the affected plants. Most important, gardening expert Barbara Pleasant recommends proven organic methods for controlling each disease.
The Gardener's Guide to Plant Diseases features:
- Informal encyclopedia style, making information and answers very easy to find.
- Illustrations that show the techniques for distinguishing between look-alike symptoms of different diseases.
- Cross-referenced list of common vegetables and fruits and the diseases most apt to affect them.
- Loads of facts on symptoms and tips for detecting diseases (including those diseases that are often too small to see).
- Simple, inexpensive organic treatments to halt the spread of each disease and prevent its recurrence.