Herb Mixtures and Spicy Blends - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
Herb Mixtures & Spicy Blends
Read an excerpt from this book in our Cookbook Club Newsletter.
by Maggie Oster
160 pages; 7 3/8" x 9 1/4"; Paperback.
Seasonings that you can make at home -- More than 100 recipes from herb shops and herb farms across North America!
From herbal teas to popcorn seasoning, from no-salt blends to spicy ethnic mixes, Herb Mixtures & Spicy Blends offers easy recipes for delicious, healthful eating.
Why not add Kate's Savory Seasoning, Taos Lightning Chili Powder, and Fanny Couch's Pungent Curry Powder to the oregano and basil already on your herbal spice rack? Jazz up your family's favorite soups, salads, meats and vegetables, and desserts with one of these homemade blends developed by specialty herb shops.
- Recipes that add flavor, not salt or fat, to your favorite dishes
- Ethnic blends, including Mexican, Cajun, Thai, Indian, and Italian
- Homemade customized seasonings for seafood, wild game, chicken, and beef
- Recipes for using blends in appetizers, vegetable dishes, main courses, desserts, snacks and teas
- Instructions for drying and storing herbs, bottling and labeling mixtures
- Suggestions for creating gift baskets