Easy Lawns - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
Low Maintenance Native Grasses For Gardeners Everywhere
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
88112 pages each, 6 x 9
full-color photographs, b&w illustrations, charts; Paperback.
It is possible to have a great-looking lawn without hours of mowing, watering, fertilizing, weeding, and reseeding--think native! Native grasses are easier to care for than conventional high-maintenance turf, and they help restore biodiversity, because they don't disturb the surrounding natural habitat. Best of all, native grasses create a beautiful lawn. This ground-breaking guide tells you everything you need to know to choose, buy, plant, and maintain native lawns in every region.
- An encyclopedia of dozens of the best native lawn grasses for every area of the country.
- Tips for native-grass experts in every region on the best grasses for local landscapes, and how to grow and maintain them
- How to add wildflowers to your lawn for a splash of color
- Step-by-step instructions on planting a native-grass lawn
- A comprehensive list of nursery sources, and much more