Earth Ponds Sourcebook - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
Earth Ponds Sourcebook
The Pond Owner's Manual and Resource Guide
by Tim Matson
176 pages, paperback, b & w photographs, illustrations, Index
The author of the classic, best-selling book on ponds presents new tips, techniques, and hundreds of resources in this guide. A huge growth of interest in ponds and aquaculture in recent years has spawned a wealth of new materials and suppliers, and new building and maintenance techniques. In addition, you'll learn how to evaluate the products on the market, where to buy supplies, and what is available to give you the most use and enjoyment of your "cloud in the earth."
Some of the topics include:
- How to plan and plant a pond to attract wildlife-and how to keep away the critters you might not want, like beavers
- Where to buy kits or materials for rafts, docks, and gazebos, and which designs are best
- How to buy the right pump for irrigation, fire protection, or flooding your skating rink
- How to build goldfish pools and garden ponds
- The best products for dealing with weeds, algae, and other pond problems, including innovative ideas like cleaning up with crayfish
"When people ask me for information on digging an earthen pond, I always refer them to Tim Matson's Earth Ponds. With the Earth Ponds Sourcebook, Tim has added yet another indispensable resource to the subject. It's easy to see why he is known as the guru of earth pond building."
Helen Nash, author of The Pond Doctor and publisher of Water Gardening Magazine