Stokes Beginner's Guide to Birds, Western Region - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
Stokes Beginner's Guide to Birds: Western Region.
by by Donald & Lillian Stokes
Dimensions (in inches): 0.28 x 4.55 x 7.01; 120 pages. Color photograph of each bird.
Whether you want to identify the birds that come to your backyard feeder or you've decided to take up bird-watching as a hobby, Donald and Lillian Stokes have created the best beginner's guides to birds ever published. From the easy-to-use color coding to the more than 130 gorgeous full-color photos, the Stokes guides are factually, visually, and organizationally superior to any other books you can buy. You'll find:
- Coverage of 100 species in each book-more than any other beginner's guide.
- Organization by birds' plumage colors-a unique format that makes identification much easier for beginners.
- User-friendly color tab index for quick reference
- Color photographs of each species, including separate images of male and female when plumage differs
- Handy tips for purchasing binoculars and attracting birds to birdhouses, feeders, and gardens.
- More specifics on each species than any other guide on the market, including information on voice habitat, nest, eggs, incubation time, population trend, behavior, birdhouse and feeder preferences, and much more.