The Backyard Bird-Lover's Guide - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
The Backyard Bird-Lover's Guide
Attracting, Nesting & Feeding
by Jan Mahnken
Illustrated by Jeffrey C. Domm
320 pages; 7 x 10; Paperback.
An information-packed reference to attracting, feeding, and appreciating a wide variety of birds in your yard.
Whether you want to attract hummingbirds to your garden or bluebirds to your nesting box, this colorful guide is brimming with information on attracting and understanding backyard birds. You'll learn how to feed them, house them, provide nesting materials, and keep them coming back year after year.
Along with beautiful, detailed paintings by Jeffrey C. Domm and a foreword by Rene Laubach of the Massachusetts Audubon Society, The Backyard Bird-Lover's Guide features a reference section with closeups of more than 135 species and their feeding and nesting habits. And there's much more:
- A guide to feeders and food, and who eats what
- A chapter on providing nestboxes for bluebirds, martins, owls, woodpeckers, wrens, wood ducks, and more
- How to create gardens that attract birds
- Tips on deterring cats, squirrels, and undesirable birds
- How to identify nests and eggs - and what to do with a fallen nestling
- Details of the family life of birds