The Backyard Birdhouse Book - Gardening Book
Buy This Book
The Backyard Birdhouse Book
Building Nest Boxes and Creating Habitats for Backyard Birds.
by René and Christyna M. Laubach
208 pages; 7" x 10"; Full-color photographs and illustrations throughout; Paperback.
Create a haven for native birds the naturalists' way.
With this beautifully illustrated guide, you'll learn to identify, attract, and house some of North America's most fascinating cavity nesters, including Bluebirds, Purple Martins, Screech-Owls, Wood Ducks, and American Kestrels.
Experienced naturalists Rene and Christyna Laubach provide detailed profiles of 25 species, featuring more than 100 color photographs of adult birds, eggs, and nestlings.
In addition, you'll learn how to:
- Construct and mount 8 practical, species-appropriate nestbox designs
- Guard nestlings against predators
- Monitor and keep records of bird activity
- Landscape to attract birds
- Organize and participate in conservation programs