Lavender Hyssop - Seeds & Bulbs
This beautiful, fragrant flower makes a wonderful addition to herb gardens, perennial borders, and wildflower areas. Place a pot of Agastache on porches and patios where its fragrance can be fully appreciated. Flowers are lavender to purple and completely edible.
Agastache needs a fertile, well-drained soil, and although it will tolerate light shade, it will do best with lots of sun. Sow seeds in spring after all danger of frost has passed and the soil has warmed a bit. Cover with 1/8 inch of soil and water sparingly once established. This plant will do very well in a dry climate.
- Attracts hummingbirds, bees and butterflies to the Garden
- Flower spikes make a delightful, fragrant cutflower
- Makes a lovely container plant
- Crushed leaves can be rubbed on the skin to repel mosquitos
- Leaves can be used as a seasoning and for making tea
Life Cycle: Perennial
Height: up to 40 inches
Bloom Season: Early summer to fall
Approximate seeds per ounce: 96,125
Approximate seeds per pound: 1,538,000
1 ounce covers 1200 sq ft
1 pound covers 1acre