Easy Vegetable Quiches
This is a great, delicious and easy family recipe that can be used for after school snacks or a healthy kids lunch alternative -- serve hot or cold.
The quiches can be frozen and store well.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
12 slices bread, crusts removed
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoon Vegemite
1 cup grated cheese
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped chives
choice of Vegetable Topping listed below
Cooking Instructions :
1. Brush each slice of bread with melted butter, and spread other side of bread with Vegemite.
2. Press each bread slice into greased muffins pans with Vegemite side facing up.
3. Combine cheese, eggs and chives and pour into bread cases.
4. Garnish with vegetable topping and bake in a preheated oven 200C for 20 minutes.
1.Lightly cook together 1 cup finely chopped spinach and ½ cup of sliced mushrooms.
2. Lightly cook together 1 thinly sliced onion, 1 sliced tomato and ½ green capsicum.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Box Planet, Australia's family and parenting e-Magazine ( www.boxplanet.com.au )