Citrus Roasted Turkey
6-8 Pound whole turkey, washed and drained
1/4 Cup frozen lemon juice concentrate, thawed
1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 Cup honey
1/4 Cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 Tablespoons fresh chopped mint leaves
1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
2 Teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 Teaspoon grated lime peel
1/3 Cup orange juice
Pinch salt and pepper
1/4 Teaspoon cumin
1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
1 red onion, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine all juices, honey, oil, mint, citrus peels, salt, pepper, herbs and spices. Mix well. Add turkey to the mixture, turning a few times to cover with marinade.
- Top turkey with sliced onions.
- Cover bowl with foil. Marinate turkey in the refrigerator for 3-8 hours.
- When ready to roast, remove turkey from marinade and discard onions. Pour marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil, boil for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large shallow (about 2-1/2 inches deep) roasting pan. Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, being careful the pointed end does not touch the bone.
- Roast turkey in a preheated 325 degree F. oven about 2-3/4 to 3 hours. Baste turkey frequently with marinade as it cooks. If needed, loosely cover with lightweight foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Continue to roast until the thermometer registers 180 degrees F. in the thigh, or 170 degrees F. in the breast.
- Remove turkey from the oven and allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Protein 26 grams
Fat (41%) 9 grams
Carbohydrate 2 grams
Sodium 90 mg
Cholesterol 75 mg