Deep-Dish Mediterranean Turkey Pizza
1 can (10 ounces) refrigerated ready-made pizza crust
As needed vegetable oil cooking spray
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound TURKEY CUTLETS cut into 1/2-inch strips
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 medium sweet red onion thinly sliced
1 medium zucchini cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 medium yellow squash cut in half lengthwise and sliced
4 medium plum tomatoes seeded and diced
1/4 cup minced sundried tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel/zest
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe black olives well drained
- Roll pizza dough into circle approximately 10 inches in diameter. Spray a (9-inch diameter) round cake pan with vegetable oil. Press dough to cover bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of pan. To prevent bubbling of the crust, prick bottom of pizza dough all over with tines of fork.
- Bake dough in a preheated 400 degrees F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Saute turkey, garlic and onion in oil 3 to 4 minutes until onion is soft. Add zucchini and squash and cook 2 to 3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Stir in plum and sundried tomatoes, oregano, basil and lemon peel. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle pizza crust with half of cheese and top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese and olives over turkey mixture.
- Return pizza to oven and continue to bake pizza 4 to 6 minutes until cheese melts.
Recipe by The National Turkey Federation.