Tasty Taiwanese Beef Salad
Total preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef topsirloin or top round steak, cut 1 inch thick or flank steak
- 1 package (10 ounces) European or Italian-style mixed greens, such as romaine, radicchio, endive and butter lettuces (about 8 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups packaged match-stick style shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup prepared non-creamy Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl until blended.
Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine beef and 2 tablespoons dressing in medium bowl; toss to coat. Let stand in refrigerator 10 minutes.
Meanwhile combine mixed greens, carrots and peanuts in large bowl; toss. Arrange on platter.
Heat 2 tablespoons dressing in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of the beef; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Repeat with remaining beef. Arrange beef on greens. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition information per serving using top sirloin: 485 calories; 38 g protein; 14 g carbohydrate; 31 g fat; 838 mg sodium; 95 mg cholesterol; 7.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 3.1 mcg vitamin B12; 4.9 mg iron; 7.7 mg zinc.