Black Forest Sundae
This easy-to-prepare dessert is a crowd pleaser.
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup hot fudge topping
- 10 cream-filled chocolate cookies (such as Oreos),
- crushed Maraschino cherries with stems, for garnish
Line a 5-cup gelatin mold or bowl with aluminum foil. Arrange 12 whole cherries on the bottom of the foil. Chop remaining cherries; fold into softened ice cream. Spoon half of the ice cream mixture into bottom of mold. Spoon fudge topping over ice cream; spread remaining ice cream over the fudge topping. Sprinkle cookie crumbs over top of ice cream; press lightly. Freeze 4 to 6 hours or until firm. Carefully pull foil out of mold and unmold with cookie crumbs on bottom on a chilled plate. Garnish with maraschino cherries with stems, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Note: This dessert can be made up to one week ahead; cover with foil.
Thanks to the Cherry Marketing Institute for this recipe.