Are Lawn Treatment Chemicals Harmful to Dogs?

Some lawn treatments contain a pesticide called Disulfoton, which not only appeals to dogs, but can also cause vomiting, seizures and even death. Other pesticides and herbicides are not as dangerous, but due to a lack of research, the exact effect they may have on dogs is difficult to predict. It is recommended to keep pets off recently treated lawns for 24 hours.

Keywords: lawn treatment chemicals, chemicals harming dogs, Disulfoton pesticides

About this Author

Lisa Larsen has been a professional writer for 18 years. She has written radio advertisement copy, research papers, SEO articles, magazine articles for "BIKE," "USA Today" and "Dirt Rag," newspaper articles for "Florida Today," and short stories published in Glimmer Train and Lullwater Review, among others. She has a master's degree in education, and is a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.