Is Sugar Water Poisonous to a Plant?

Sugar water is not poisonous to plants but because they make their own sugar, an overdose can cause problems with the plant. For example, it can increase the foliage while at the same time decreasing the flowering time. Also, yeast fungus tends to grow in extremely high proportions in the soil when sugar water is applied regularly.

Keywords: Sugar water, Plants, Photosynthesis

About this Author

Kristie Karns has written and published many articles online, both for Demand Studios and for Triond.com, covering a range of topics. Ms Karns has published a book, dozens of poems, photographs and digital artworks over the past twenty years and is always working on several novels at once.