• All
  • Articles
  • Videos
  • Plants
  • Recipes
  • Members

Are Rhododendron Plants Poisonous?

Comments ()  |   |  Text size: a A  |  Report Abuse  |  Print
close

Report This Article

Are Rhododendron Plants Poisonous?

Reason for flagging?

Comments

Submit

Share:    |  Email  |  Bookmark and Share

The rhododendron is poisonous to both people and animals when ingested. All parts of the plant contain the toxic compound andromedotoxin, but the leaves contain the highest concentration. Symptoms of poisoning include runny nose, watery eyes, salivation, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of energy and breathing difficulties.

Keywords: rhododendron poisoning, rhododendron toxic, pet poison plants

About this Author

Karen Ellis has been a full-time writer since 2006. She is an expert crafter, with more than 30 years of experience in knitting, chrocheting, quilting, sewing, scrapbooking and other arts. She is an expert gardener, with lifelong experience. Ellis has taken many classes in these subjects and taught classes, as well.

Member Calendar Entries