Are the Roots of a Hibiscus Plant Toxic?

No part of the hibiscus plant, including its roots, is toxic to humans. Hibiscus is, however, toxic to cats, dogs and horses. Symptoms of hibiscus poisoning include vomiting, diarrhea, nausea and anorexia.

Keywords: Hibiscus root toxicity, Hibiscus flower poison, Hibiscus animal toxicity

About this Author

Deborah Waltenburg has been a freelance writer since 2002. In addition to her work for Demand Studios, Waltenburg has written for websites such as Freelance Writerville and Constant Content, and has worked as a ghostwriter for travel/tourism websites and numerous financial/debt reduction blogs.