Are Ivy Plants Toxic?

Ivy plants are toxic plants. All parts of the ivy plants are poisonous, causing burning of the throat, delirium, stupor, convulsions, hallucinations, fever and rash if eaten. The sap causes skin irritation, itching and blistering.

Keywords: toxic ivy plants, poisonous ivy plants, non-edible ivy

About this Author

Karen Carter has spent the last three years working as a technology specialist in the public school system. This position included hardware/software installation, customer support, and writing training manuals. She also spent four years as a newspaper editor/reporter at the Willapa Harbor Herald.