Is Vinca Toxic?

Vinca is toxic. Every part of the plant--roots, stems, leaves and blossoms--causes symptoms if it is ingested. Vinca is harmful to dogs, cats, horses and humans. If any part of the plant is ingested, vinca poisoning causes abdominal cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, a drop in blood pressure, lethargy and/or tremors or seizures. Larger doses induce coma or even death.

Keywords: vinca toxic, vinca toxicity, vinca poisoning

About this Author

Cyn Vela is a freelance writer and professional blogger. Her work has been published on dozens of websites, as well as in local print publications. Vela's articles usually focus on where her passions lie: writing, web development, blogging, parenting, gardening, and health and wellness. She studied English literature at Del Mar College, and at the University of Texas at San Antonio.