Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 30 cookies
3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco Shortening
1 1/4 cup Firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup Milk
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
3 cup Quick oats
1 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 cup Raisins
1 cup Chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease baking sheet.
2. Combine shortening, light brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
3. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and cream together with mixer at low speed until just blended.
4. Stir in raisins and nuts.
5. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2" apart onto baking sheet.
6. Bake at 375°F. for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to foil on countertop.