Karl Malin's Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- 6 ounces white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
Put butter, shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a electric mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture; mix well. Fold in chocolate and cherries. Divide dough into 30 pieces. Place rounded pieces on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a 350-degree oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until light brown. Let cool on wire racks.
Makes 30 4-inch cookies
Thanks to the Cherry Marketing Institute for this recipe.