Jack's Glen Lake Inn Cherry Plum Sauce
- 1 (17-ounce) can purple plums in syrup, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh, frozen or canned dark sweet cherries
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice Dash salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
Combine chopped plums with syrup, sweet cherries, dried tart cherries, sugar, lime juice, allspice and salt in a saucepan with a heavy bottom; mix well. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until clear and thick enough to coat the back of spoon. Remove from heat and serve. Or cover and refrigerate for up to a week. Reheat in microwave oven.
Makes about 3 cups
Thanks to the Cherry Marketing Institute for this recipe.