Dried Cherry Relish
This tangy combo is great with roasted turkey.
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 chopped green bell pepper
- 1tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
Combine dried cherries, preserves and vinegar in a small microwave-safe bowl; mix well. Microwave on High (100% power) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until hot. Let stand 5 minutes.
Stir in red onion, yellow and green bell pepper and thyme; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 3 to 4 hours or overnight. Serve as a sauce with roast turkey or chicken. This relish is also good with grilled hamburgers.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
Thanks to the Cherry Marketing Institute for this recipe.