Raspberry-Lemon Muffins with Streusel Topping
Prep Time: 15 minutes
(Ready in 35 minutes)
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup frozen whole raspberries (not in syrup)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spray bottoms only of 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine yogurt, oil, lemon juice and egg whites; blend well.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, lemon peel and salt; mix well. Stir in frozen raspberries.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter evenly into sprayed muffin cups.
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients with fork until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over batter in cups before baking.
- Bake at 400° F. for 16 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins
High Altitude (Above 3,500 Feet): No change.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 Muffin.
Calories 190 - Calories from Fat 45 - Total Fat 5 g - Saturated Fat 1 g - Cholesterol 0 mg - Sodium 150 mg - Dietary Fiber 1 g
Dietary Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fruit, 1 Fat OR 2 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Excerpted from Pillsbury: Best Muffins and Quick Breads by The Pillsbury Company Copyright© 1999 by The Pillsbury Company. Excerpted by permission of Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.